Jobs at Forbidden Quest
FORBIDDEN QUEST P/T GAME MASTER APPLICATION
We are recruiting for a part time game master (12-20 hours per week, mainly evenings and weekends).
Your role as game master will involve -
- Welcoming players warmly and performing health/safety briefings.
- In character game intros as well as acting during the experience (you may be required to adorn costumes or wear a mask.
- Monitoring teams on cctv, providing clues and assistance as required to ensure teams have an unforgettable experience.
- Getting post-game feedback from players on their experience and taking team photos.
- Performing a meticulous and timely reset in preparation for the next team.
- General cleaning duties as and when required.
- Must be 18+
- Must be comfortable speaking and performing in front of groups.
- Must be available on weekends.
- Excellent time keeper and ability to work independently.
- Fantastic customer service skills and attention to detail.
- Energetic with a great work ethic as game mastering at Forbidden Quest is intense and fast paced!
- Live relatively close/easy commute to our premises at 1 Bradbury Place.
- Acting experience / enjoys performing / enjoys horror
- Customer service experience
- A love of escape rooms is a bonus but not mandatory.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Trainee game master rate of £10ph and this rises to £11ph when trained on your first game.
- Fun, fast paced and exciting workplace, where each group is different - from teams of friends and family through to corporate, hen or stag groups all with very different dynamics and challenges.
- Full training and flexible working hours.
**Please email your answers to the following 11 questions to email@example.com by closing date 20th February. Eligible applicants will be contacted for interview during last week of February**
5) What date are you available to begin?
6) Why do you believe you would make a great game master at Forbidden Quest?
7) Are you available to work weekends and evenings as required (12-20hrs per week)? Please include current availability, any holidays planned, if you work any other casual hours elsewhere, or if you’re a student/graduate etc?
8) How far do you live from our premises and how do you plan to get to work? E.G. Walk, cycle, public transport?
9) Do you have any acting/performing, public speaking experience?
10) Have you played any escape rooms before?
11) Your favourite horror movie is?